Like And Follow Us On Instagram! | @likeafemmeboss

My Femme Boss Goals For 2017

I just graduated from UC, Berkeley, with my Master's in Chemistry.

What do I want to accomplish with my working life?

I'm super-excited about what the future will bring.

Right now I'm working on gaining the capital I need to invest and acquire investors in my future green and renewable energy endeavors.

I anticipate that by the end of my working career I will have developed and proselytized an easy-to-implement green energy resource for the average consumer. Something so economically savvy, Americans can't help but take the initiative to start using. Businesses will buy into it too. I intend to become the richest woman in the world.

While these ideas may sound grandiose, I am currently working on a game plan to make them happen:


  1. Get out of debt.
  2. Pay off student loans.
  3. Build up an emergency fund.
  4. Develop and invest in a passive income strategy.
  5. Start my own IRA and 401K plans and contribute to them monthly.
  6. Go back for training and an internship in engineering.
  7. Develop expertise in the energy industry.
  8. Acquire domain-specific knowledge for seeking investors and coming up with a business plan.
  9. Write the business plan.
  10. Seek investors for the business plan.
  11. Begin researching the product and generating deliverables from the business plan.


Somewhere in there I'll probably get married or move around the country.

I anticipate taking breaks periodically by traveling and regaining perspective around the world. A meditation retreat or two at a Buddhist monastery will fall somewhere in there.

So far, since January 2017, I've accomplished goals 1-4. I'd say that's pretty significant progress considering I started out the year getting snookered into an MLM pyramid scheme, finding out I have obsessive-compulsive disorder, and had to live with my parents for about 4 months because I couldn't yet afford rent (rent in Berkeley had eaten up all of my grad student stipend). I wound up finally getting access to the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship stipend that I was awarded in April 2016, so I finally got to move out and start paying my own bills. I'm now a completely self-sufficient working adult. Looking forward to more progress in the coming months. I need to get away to revamp my creativity with some new sources of inspiration.

Most likely I'll start attending the local college to acquire my engineering training. You can really make your education what you want it to be by just seeking the resources you personally need to be successful and by doing your work. Problem-solving is an executive, cerebral skill that takes a lot of time, dedication, and practice to develop. Gratefully, I've developed those skills in the last 10,000 hours I've spent in school (*eye roll implied*). Way to be a Millennial, I guess.







Elizabeth Rogers is a freelance blogger, STEM tutor, and entrepreneur. Her interests include women's empowerment, health and wellness, and science advocacy.

Comments

Popular Posts